Skip to main content

Philadelphia Sports: A Cry For Help

Philadelphia has a lot to cry about. I'm not talking about the fact they live in Philadelphia, I mean, of course, the 76ers, the Flyers, the Phillies and, of course, the NFL version of the Cavs... Those pathetic Eagles. I mean I love Philly sports, but if we're being realistic, the best thing we have going for us right now is the Flyers.

The Flyers, as of right now, are sixth in the league, a very strong showing. In terms of the eastern conference, they're fourth. This is pretty good for Philadelphia. We are being shown some legitimate athleticism. I mean... I don't support the Flyers, I support the Winnipeg Jets and I'm proud to say that, even though the Hockey stinks. But the Flyers are a really good product at the moment. They're three points ahead of the Penguins which is arguably just as important than winning the Cup. Besides, whenever Philly win anything (eyes on you Eagles), they become the most moronic excuses for athletes we have ever seen.

About those Eagles... There is no logical explanation for this mediocrity that is good enough for what happened. You decided to take the league by storm and beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl and then immediately, and I mean immediately, shit the bed and seemingly forget how to play Football. Don't even argue that you finished last season as the top of the NFC East because you finished with 9-7, you're just in a terrible division. Everyone else topping their divisions in the NFC finished 13-3. You just had a weak division. You're doing nothing for Philadelphia besides wasting everyone's time. It's a joke. This has not been Fly Eagles Fly, it has been Forget, Eagles Forget! It's a joke.

Now... To those Phillies... The way this all looks is a bit pathetic. For sure, I think Joe Girardi would've turned the Phillies around from essentially the depths of hell Gabe Kapler took us to, but our old friend Covid had other plans. This whole thing with Gabe Kapler, what is it? Tanking? No, you're not that bad. Is it being competitive? No. You finished at .500. I mean... You can't even beat the Mets. The only team you managed to be better than in the division is Miami... What a joke. There's more I want to say, but I need to move on to the biggest inconsistent disgrace in Philadelphia... The Sixers.

Where do I start with this travesty... Philadelphia trusted your process. How are you sixth in the Eastern Conference? You have All-Stars! This is a disgrace and if I was a season ticket holder at Wells Fargo, I'd feel ripped off. The product being produced by this team of frauds should see someone lose their job, perhaps a large portion of the front office and perhaps the search for a new Head Coach should happen, I'm not sure. But the Sixers need to sort it out before Father Time gives Joel Embiid to be injured for half the season.

Overall, Philly sports is mostly a disgrace and, as someone who supports most of Philly sports, it's something that they need to fix for the good of some of the most loyal fans in sports. Before you argue whether they have the most loyal fans or not, tell me when you've seen people support and roast their city. That's just the way it is in Philadelphia. Now for the love of sports, sort it out.


Best episodes of The Philadelphia Sports Table | Philly Sports ...

Comments

Trending by Yammer House

KG Wants The Seattle Supersonics Back?

Kevin Garnett, the 2020 Hall of Fame inductee, has said he wants to bring the Sonics back to Seattle. I would love to see the Sonics back in the league. I think Seattle is a great place to have an NBA Team. I would take a small-mid market team with no clue what it's doing and has no chance with where it is right now and put them in Seattle and call them the Supersonics. But what team would I get rid of in the current league to put them in Seattle? I'm not taking into consideration the divisions and conferences, this is purely my fantasy at the moment. But I think you need one absolute excuse of a team for this to work and for nobody in the league to really mind that much. So, I look at who is at the bottom of the league. This leaves Golden State and Minnesota from the west and Atlanta and Cleveland from the east. I'm not going to move the Warriors because they have a solid team when they're all healthy and have a solid future ahead of them. T-Wolves are a team I don...

Before COVID-19: The Philadelphia 76ers

It is no secret that I am a big fan of the Philadelphia 76ers. I trusted Sam Hinkey and what he tried with "The Process" and a third-place finish in the East (51-31) for 2018-19 was exactly what everyone wanted for Philadelphia but after quite possibly the regular season we all wanted, our postseason was over after one clutch shot from Kawhi Leonard. To get over how butt-hurt everyone was after that game seven loss, everyone's attention turned to the 2019-20 NBA Season. The preseason that saw the 76ers dominate everyone they faced until they decided to roll over and die against the Wizards, so hopes were pretty high for what was looking to be a successful season. The first game of the season saw Philly beat Boston 107-93, a good showing that pleased a Wells Fargo Center crowd in Philadelphia. The next two games were played on the road against Detroit and Atlanta which anyone with any sense would think these would be relatively easy for an 'all-star' team like th...

Covid-19 Hits the NFL (We still hate Roger Goodell)

The NFL has now become the final sport of the four major US Sports to have contracted Covid-19.  As of right now, two active players have tested positive for the virus. Brian Allen (Los Angeles Rams) and Von Miller (Denver Broncos) are the two confirmed players. Who knows, Goodell is probably threatening people around the league with consequences if they confirm they have the virus. Let's admit it, Goodell is an ass hole and this sounds like something he would try to sweep under the rug. All going well, these two will be done with the virus in a matter of weeks, but if I'm honest, something tells me that slug, Roger Goodell, has a grip on some players and has told them not to speak up so he can keep the show on the road. We've already been told that Goodell won't postpone the NFL Draft, risking a lot of crap for team staff and we know Donald Trump has told him that there shouldn't be a delay in the season, so it wouldn't surprise me if this absolute dog of a c...