Skip to main content

KG Wants The Seattle Supersonics Back?

Kevin Garnett, the 2020 Hall of Fame inductee, has said he wants to bring the Sonics back to Seattle. I would love to see the Sonics back in the league. I think Seattle is a great place to have an NBA Team. I would take a small-mid market team with no clue what it's doing and has no chance with where it is right now and put them in Seattle and call them the Supersonics.

But what team would I get rid of in the current league to put them in Seattle? I'm not taking into consideration the divisions and conferences, this is purely my fantasy at the moment. But I think you need one absolute excuse of a team for this to work and for nobody in the league to really mind that much. So, I look at who is at the bottom of the league. This leaves Golden State and Minnesota from the west and Atlanta and Cleveland from the east.

I'm not going to move the Warriors because they have a solid team when they're all healthy and have a solid future ahead of them. T-Wolves are a team I don't mind being where they are, both location-wise and where they are on the ladder... It suits Minnesota quite well. If you think I'm wrong, get your team to do better than 19-45. About the Hawks, I like what they have going right now and don't think moving is a good thing to do considering the future they have under Trae Young.

So this leaves Cleveland... Let's be honest... Cleveland sucks. Not just in Basketball either. The Browns stink and really have no excuse to stink like they do. The Indians have the AL Central... This is hardly a tough ask. Their results from 2019 saw them miss out on a WC Game spot and in honesty, by more than they should've. Cleveland doesn't even have a Hockey team in the NHL, but do have an AHL team, but really I don't care enough about Cleveland Sports to write about them. But the Cavs had it all. They really did. They had 'The King' who apparently doesn't crown himself, but his social media handles are @kingjames...

Anyway, I think KG should take the Cavs and make them the Seattle Supersonics. It'll bring NBA Basketball back to Seattle and also rescue the people of Cleveland from having to support that stupid waste of time they call the Cavs. Come on KG... Do it.



Seattle Sonics logo (With images) | Seattle sports, Seattle

Comments

Trending by Yammer House

Before COVID-19: The Philadelphia 76ers

It is no secret that I am a big fan of the Philadelphia 76ers. I trusted Sam Hinkey and what he tried with "The Process" and a third-place finish in the East (51-31) for 2018-19 was exactly what everyone wanted for Philadelphia but after quite possibly the regular season we all wanted, our postseason was over after one clutch shot from Kawhi Leonard. To get over how butt-hurt everyone was after that game seven loss, everyone's attention turned to the 2019-20 NBA Season. The preseason that saw the 76ers dominate everyone they faced until they decided to roll over and die against the Wizards, so hopes were pretty high for what was looking to be a successful season. The first game of the season saw Philly beat Boston 107-93, a good showing that pleased a Wells Fargo Center crowd in Philadelphia. The next two games were played on the road against Detroit and Atlanta which anyone with any sense would think these would be relatively easy for an 'all-star' team like th...

Covid-19 Hits the NFL (We still hate Roger Goodell)

The NFL has now become the final sport of the four major US Sports to have contracted Covid-19.  As of right now, two active players have tested positive for the virus. Brian Allen (Los Angeles Rams) and Von Miller (Denver Broncos) are the two confirmed players. Who knows, Goodell is probably threatening people around the league with consequences if they confirm they have the virus. Let's admit it, Goodell is an ass hole and this sounds like something he would try to sweep under the rug. All going well, these two will be done with the virus in a matter of weeks, but if I'm honest, something tells me that slug, Roger Goodell, has a grip on some players and has told them not to speak up so he can keep the show on the road. We've already been told that Goodell won't postpone the NFL Draft, risking a lot of crap for team staff and we know Donald Trump has told him that there shouldn't be a delay in the season, so it wouldn't surprise me if this absolute dog of a c...